Research of the group of Marcus A. Horn
- Community to gene scale regulation of nitrogen dissimilating microbes: Relevance for nitrate removal and greenhouse gas production in wetlands, temperate and permafrost affected soils.
- Symbiotic nitrogen fixation associated with wetland plants: Diazotrophs as key microbes (Fig. 1).
- Earthworm-microbe interactions in soils and their relevance to soil processes: Greenhous gas metabolism and pollutant degradation.
- Regulation of the anaerobic feed chain in natural and engineered ecosystems: From biopolymers to methane.
- Microbial (Micro-)pollutant transformations in soils and sediments: Potential for bioremediation.